TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
TEAKSEAL TEAK CLEANER
|Base||Water-based & biodegradable|
|Working Temperature||+5℃ to 40℃|
|Storage Temperature||Store cool, dry and frost free|
TeakSeal Teak Cleaner is a 1 part cleaner that does not contain any harmful components such as acids or strong alkalis for maintaining teak decks. Teak Cleaner will lift dirt from your deck without removing the natural oils that protect your timber. TeakSeal Teak Cleaner also contains mould inhibitors and will protect your deck from mould.
* Intensive cleaning without affecting the teak and/or the deck caulking
* No heavy mechanical tools required
* Long lasting result
* Easy & fast to apply
* User freindly
Deck Cleaning Instructions:
Teakseal Teak Cleaner has been extensivley tested in conjuction with Fix1DC. Correctly applied, this cleaning agent has no negative affect on the sealant. However this product contains active chemicals that, if used undiluted or and/or incorrectly might cause damage.
Please follow the instructions:
• Ensure the deck is saturated with (salt) water before applying the diluted cleaner.
• Dilute the cleaner with water before use. If the deck is very dirty, Teakseal teak cleaner can be diluted 1:5 with water. (1 part cleaner to 5 parts water) For regular cleaning the cleaner should be diluted 1:10 (1 part cleaner to 10 parts water)
• We recommend that you dilute the cleaner in a plant/weed sprayer and then spray onto the deck. The advantage of using a sprayer is that it greatly reduces the amount of cleaner used when cleaning the deck when compared to a bucket.
• Because Teakseal Teak Cleaner is a powerful cleaning agent, it will not be necessary to use strong abrasive force to clean the deck. The use of a light duty scourer pad will significantly increase the life of your deck and caulking.
• Leave Teakseal Teak Cleaner on the deck for 10-15 minutes (no more) and ensure that the cleaner does not dry on the deck. After 10-15 minutes, remove the cleaner by rinsing thoroughly with (salt) water until no residue is left on or in the wood.
• 5 litres should be sufficient for 140m2 of decking.
Cleaning the deck after other cleaning materials have been used:
Make a habit of cleaning the deck with Teakseal Teak Cleaner immediately after other cleaning agents have been used to clean other parts of the boat, for example cabins and sails. This is because other cleaning agents could have come into contact with the deck and could have a negative affect on the teak and and the sealants. Always ensure that the other cleaning agents are thoroughly rinsed off as some of them can leave a film on your deck that can make the sealant(s) feel sticky. Work top down so that the deck is always cleaned last and all other cleaning agents used are thoroghly washed off the deck.
Teakseal Teak Cleaner can etch glass if not washed of quickly, therefore please wash off any cleaner that has been spilt on glass immediately.
All technical data stated in this info sheet are based on laboratory tests. Actual measured data may vary due to circumstances beyond our control. If other (unsuitable) cleaning materials or chemicals have been used on your deck, we recommend that you thoroughly wash it with fresh saltwater and then immediatley use Teakseal Teak Cleaner.
Teakseal Teak Cleaner will help to remove unwanted chemicals from your deck.
Other cleaning materials are available for cleaning your deck, but Fixtech Pty Ltd cannot recommend their use because it cannot control and check all of the product formulations of other companies. These formulations could change, the quality could differ, etc. we strongly recommend that you follow the instructions contained in this info sheet and to use saltwater and or Teakseal Teak Cleaner to clean your deck.
Caution should be excersided when using saltwater in marinas due to the possibility of contamintates being contained in the water such as diesel, oils and detergents.
We do recommend: TeakSeal Teak Cleaner for your deck as it has been designed not to harm your deck or the deck caulking.
We do not recommend: Do not use 2 part cleaners (cleaner and brightener) as they are too aggressive.
These types of cleaners and brighteners are bad for our waterways and their inhabitants. If these types of cleaning systems are used they must be applied in strict accordance with the manufacturers recommendations. Never use chemicals on your deck that have not been designed for the purpose. Clothes washing powders and liquids, mould cleaners, pool chlorine, household cleaners and other nonmarine deck cleaners should never be used to clean your deck.
Information about deck cleaning can be found on our website under “Teak Deck Cleaning Guide”