TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
|Curing System||Moisture Cure|
|Skin Formation(*)||30 minutes (21°C / 50% R.H)|
|Tack Free Time||2 Hours|
|Protetion From Sunlight Whilst Curing||5-14 Days – 9mm deep (21°C / 50% R.H)|
|Shore Hardness||25 Shore A ASTM C661|
|Sag/Slump||2.5mm max. ASTM C639|
|Peel Strength Aluminium –Glass
21 day cure (21°C / 50% R.H.)
|9.6kN/m (55ppi) ASTM C794|
|Ozone and U.V. Resistance||Excellent ASTM C793|
|Temperature Resistance (cured)||-48°C to 149°C|
|Joint Movement Capability||±50% ASTM C719|
|UltimateTensile Strength||2.3 MPa (340psi) ASTM C412|
|Tensile at 50% Elongation||0.29 MPa (40 psi) ASTM C1135|
|Tensile at Maximum Elongation||Tensile at Maximum Elongation|
(*) Values may vary depending on environmental conditions
Fix200 FS200 is a high quality structural, neutral cure, elastic low modulus silicone sealant. Fix200 is unaffected by normal weather conditions such as
sunlight, ultraviolet radiation, rain, snow, and temperature extremes, retaining its properties after years of exposure. Fix200 is compatible with laminated glass, insulating glass units and enable primer-less adhesion to acrylic, polycarbonate and many other plastic substrates. Non paintable
– Easy Application
– Permanent colour, UV resistant
– Permantently elastic
– Good adhesion on many materials
– Almost no smell
– Slow skinning time; ideally suited to long joint runs
Unaffected by sunlight, ultraviolet light, radiation, rain, snow and temperature extremes.
– Primerless Adhesion in most applications
– ±50% extension and compression of joint
Acrylic, Polycarbonate and glass adhesion and sealing applications on a wide range of good stable solid substrates. Fix200 may be used to seal
metal, masonry, concrete, painted surfaces, plastics, timber and other common construction materials.
The low modulus characteristic allows for excellent recovery from extension and
compression cycling. Suitable for marine exposure
Colour – Black
Packaging – 310ml cartridge
12 months Cartridges, from production date. In unopened packaging in a cool and dry storage place a t temperatures between +5°C and 23°C. Note: The product will not cure if applied after its shelf life has expired.
State of Surface: Abraded, clean, dry, free of dust and grease. Light sand of acrylic panels
Sealing / Priming:
• Porous substrates we recommend pre-coating with epoxy penetrating sealer such as and not limited to Fixseal Fix1060 to make good.
• Polyolefin plastics we recommend plastic primer PR20 be applied on polypropylene etc.
• Non-porous substrates may be cleaned with methylated spirits or industrial alcohol cleaner.
• We do not recommend the use of products similar to turpentine or paint preparation cleaner as a pre wipe, due to these products containing oils.
• We recommend a preliminary compatibility
Sealing Joint Dimensions:
Minimal Width: 5mm
Maximum Width: 30mm
Minimum Depth: 5mm
Recommendation: width of joint = 2 x depth
Method: Manual or pneumatic caulking gun.
Application temperature: +5°C to 49°C
Tooling: Dry tool first to seal and shape the sealant, then if required you can use a Mild diluted soapy solution before skin formation to create a shiny smooth surface.
Health- and Safety Recommendation:
Apply the usual industrial hygiene. Wear gloves and safety glasses
• Fix200 FS200 can not be overpainted
• Use backing material for joints over 10mm deep.
• Fix200 FS200 is chemically neutral (pH=7)
• Fix200 FS200 can be applied to a wide variety of substrates. Due to the fact that the specific properties of substrates will differ from manufacturer to manufacturer we strongly recommend compatibility tests.
Fix200 is not recommended for applications where the product will be in continuous long term contact with water or in applications where Fix200 will be in contact with food