TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
|Curing System||Moisture Cure|
|Skin Formation(*)||Apporx. 12 min (23°C & 75% R.H)|
|Cure Rate (*)||3-4 mm/24Hrs (23°C & 75% R.H)|
|Hardness||45±5 Shore A|
|Change In Volume||< 2%|
|Temperature Resistance (cured)||– 40°C to +100°C|
|Elastic Modulus 100%||1.0N/mm2 (ISO 8839)|
|Tensile Strength||> 1.6N/mm2 (ISO 8839) = 3.6MPa (ISO 37)|
|Elongation At Break||230% (ASTM D 1002)|
|Shear Strength:||> 1.57N/ mm2 (ASTM D 1002)|
(*) Values may vary depending on environmental conditions
Fix190 FWT is a high quality single component joint adhesive sealant based on MS-Polymer®. It is chemically neutral and fully elastic. For use in low movement joints and for structural bonding and direct glazing in marine, transport, aerospace and construction industries, where a strong flexible bond is required. Suitable or below waterline applications. Fix190 FWT is approved by:
Det Norske Veritas (DNV) – Structural bonding
and direct glazing
Germanischer Lloyd (GL) – Structural bonding and
Standards Assurance Innovations – AS/NZ4020
for potable water.
- Outstanding bond strength on most all substrates, colour stable and UV resistant
- Excellent adhesion on porous and nonporous substrates (primer may be required)
- High performance mechanical properties
- Flexible elastic rubber, movement accomodation ± 20%
- Easy application
- No bubble formulation within the sealant
- Ecological advantages; free from isocyanates, solvents, halogens and acids
- Verified by NOHSC as non-hazardous
- Can be painted (compatibility tests recommended)
Structural bonding and direct glazing with high end strength and flexibility. Structural bonding in areas subject to vibration. Suitable for all marine applications including glazing, bonding and sealing of floors, walls and components. Elastic bonding of components made from carbon fibre, fibre glass, aluminium, steel, copper, brass, stainless steel, glass, PVC and ABS plastics, polystyrene and timber (primer may be required)
We do not recommend the Fix190FWT for use in sealing exterior exposed oily wood such as teak, instead we recommend Fix1DC for this application.
Colour – Black and White
Packaging – 290mL cartridge, 600mL foil bag
15 months Cartridges; 12 months Foil Bags; from production date.
In unopened packaging in a cool and dry storage place a t temperatures between +5°C and 23°C.
State of surfaces: Abraded, clean, dry, free of dust and grease
Priming: For porous substrates Fixseal 1060 may be applied. Polypropylene, Primer PR20. Nonporous substrates may be cleaned with Methylated Spirits or an alcohol cleaner.
We recommend a preliminary compatibility test.
Minimal Width: 2mm (bonding) 5mm (joint)
Maximum Width: 10mm (bonding) 30mm (joint)
Minimum Depth: 5mm(joint)
Recommendation: width of joint = 2 x depth
Resistance to Chemicals:
Good resistance to water, aliphatic solvents, mineral oils, grease, diluted inorganic acids. Poor resistance to aromatic solvents, alkalis concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrogens
Method: Manual or pneumatic caulking gun
Application temperature: +5°C to 30°C
Clean up: Methylated Spirits or alcohol cleaner immediately after application and before curing
Tooling: mild diluted soapy solution before skin formation
Repair: Fix190FWT MSP190
Health- and Safety Recommendation:
Apply the usual industrial hygiene. Wear gloves. Safety Glasses.
• Fix190 FWT MSP190 may be overpainted with water based paints, however due to the large number of paints and varnishes available we strongly recommend compatability tests before application. The drying time of some alkyd paint systems may increase.
• Fix190 FWT MSP190 can be applied to a wide variety of substrates. Due to the fact that the specific properties of substrates will differ from manufacturer to manufacturer we strongly recommend compatibility tests.