TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
Fixseal 1060 – Epoxy Sealer/Preserver
|Base||Epoxy Resin Solution|
|Curing System||Polyamide cured|
|Colour||Clear + Yellow Brownish|
|Potlife @ 65% R.H||6 Hrs|
|Drying Time||10C – 240 min
20C – 90 min
30C – 60 min
Full cure 3 days at 23oC
|Overcoat Time||10C – 120 min
20C – 60 min
30C – 45 min
24 hours for all other coatings
Maximum open interval time: 24 hours
|Specific Gravity||0.90 kg/ltr|
|Mix Ratio||1A:1B by volume and weight|
|Recommended Induction||15-20 minutes (Time after mixing and before application)|
|Minimum Application Temp.||8C (Application not recommended when temperature is below 80C )|
|Maximum Applicaton Temp||35C (Application not recommended when temperature exceeds 35C)|
|Maximum Relative Humidity||80% (Application not recommended when relative humidity exceeds 80%)|
(*) Values may vary depending on environmental conditions
Fixseal is a two pack penetrating epoxy resin solution used as a primer/sealer for porous substrates such as timber, stone, concrete and many other porous substrates. Fixseal is also used to seal timber, plywood, MDF to prevent and eliminate moisture uptake and ingress, reduce timber warping and prevent dry rot. Permanent lasting and suitable to paint over.
• Easy to mix & apply 1:1 mix ratio
• Penetrate and seal porous substrates
• Prevents water and moisture uptake
• Cures to a hard film in 72 hours.
• Repairs and strengthens poor or soft timber
• After mixing, cover the mixture, wait 15-20 minutes, apply onto the substrate as required.
• Prevents timber warping due to moisture
• Prevents dry rot in timber
• Prevents mould in wet areas
• Can be used as a primer prior to painting (compatibility tests recommended)
• Recommended for sealing teak deck caulking seams prior to caulking application
• Suitable for concrete, stone and porous substrates
Timber: Natural timber, sand surfaces using 80-100 grit to ensure an even surface, removing all loose timber.
Man made timber surfaces, ensure the surface is an even surface. All Timber surfaces are to be free from dust, dirt, oils, grease, wax, silicone and other contaminates.
Moisture content of timber should be approximately 9-11%.
Brick, stone, concrete: all stone, brick and concrete surfaces are to be clean, dry and free from dust, dirt, oils, grease, wax, silicone and other contaminates. Ensure the surface is not crumbly and of good sound nature.
Method of Application:
Best results are achieved by brush or roller, spray could be used in production situations. Two coats are recommended as a minimum.
1. Mix equal parts of both components A & B together thoroughly until they form a uniform colour
2. Set aside, covered for 15-20 min for induction to occur.
3. Apply 2 coats to the substrates using a brush, roller or spray gun. Please follow overcoat times above.
4. Do not allow Fixseal to fully cure between coats
5. For teak deck caulking, 1 full cover coat is acceptable; do not apply the caulking sealant until the epoxy coating has dried. Minimum 1 hour @ 20°C & 23% R.H.
6. Do not mix freshly catalysed Fixseal with material that has been previously mixed
7. Fixseal fully cures in 3-4 days.
Thinning: Methylated Spirits no more than 5% after mixing componets
These aplication rates are only estimates. Application method, substrate and temperature at time of application can effect coverage results.
• Ave. coverage rate 1st Coat 6sqm/Lt
• Ave. coverage rate 2nd Coat 10sqm/Lt
• Caulking sealer for 5 x 5 mm seam includingmwaste coverage is approx. 240m/Lt per coat.
500ml kit = 2 x 250ml part A & B
2 Ltr kit = 2 x 1000ml part A & B
8 Ltr kit = 2 x 4000ml part A & B
40 Ltr kit = 2 x 20ltr part A & B
18 months from date of production; In unopened packaging stored in a cool and dry place at temperatures between +5°C and 23°C
Check compatability before painting.
Clean up: Clean tools with industrial alcohol before curing, mechanical removal after curing
Health- and Safety Recommendation:
Apply the usual industrial hygiene. Wear gloves. Safety Glasses.
Volitile solvents are released during mixing, brushing nd curing.
– Avoid contact with skin and eyes
– Provide adequate ventilaton
– All work involving the application and use of this product should be carried out by qualified industry
professionals and in compliance with relevant health and safety regulations.
This product must not be used without referencing the Fixseal FIX1060 Material Safety Data Sheet.